IFRS 17 -Insurance contracts
CPD Event overview
The International Accounting Standards Board issued IFRS 17 in May 2017. Twenty years in the making this standard marks the start of a new age of accounting for insurers. IFRS 17 becomes effective on 1st January 2023 and presents a very challenging implementation timeline for insurers around the world.
This event is meant for senior stakeholders in the insurance market. This includes senior management as well as auditors and regulators.
This CPD Event will assist you to:
- Understand how IFRS17 will impact insurance companies and their stakeholders including auditors and regulators
- Plan your IFRS17 implementation journey
- Prepare for the potential pitfalls on this journey
CPD Event outline (2 hours):
- Introduction to IFRS17 and what’s changing
- Business impact – practical considerations for senior stakeholders
- Proposed IFRS17 implementation plan
Date : Thursday 21st January 2021
Time : 12:00pm – 02:00pm GMT +4 (Dubai time) | 7:00pm – 9:00pm AEST GMT +11 (Australia time)
Member Fee: FREE (Promo Code : IFRCPD)
Mode: Online Speaker : Faisal Zai (FIA)