Sox and Compliance
- Course Duration: 2 hrs
- Category: CPD
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 20
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- CPE Hours: 2
The SOX ACT brought the required regulatory changes to protect the interest of investors, enhance investor’s confidence by establishing required financial disclosures and establishing obligation on the signing officers for the financial statements.
The objectives of this CPD Event are:
- To understand the background and basic purpose of Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 (SOX)
- To understand the importance of Corporate Governance
- To learn the key components of SOX Act
- To understand the significance of Auditor’s Independence
- To learn SOX compliance requirement & enhanced disclosures
Event Outline (2 hours):
- Occupational Fraud – Who causes the biggest damage?
- Case Studies – Financial scandals of late 90’s / early 2000’s
- What is Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002 (SOX) and its key objectives
- A snapshot of key components of SOX Act 2002
- The basic need & purpose of SOX
Tauseef Ahmed, is a Chartered Accountant from England & Wales (ICAEW) & Pakistan (ICAP), Director Audit & Risk Advisory Kress Cooper Chartered Accountants, a Harvard certified in Contracts law, and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), a Certified Risk Based Auditor (CRBA) and a Certified Sarbanes Oxley Expert (CSOE).
During his career of over two decades, he has gained extensive experience in audit, assurance, GRC, internal controls, finance, tax, and various advisory roles. He is also an expert in SOX and Control frameworks. Along with Big4 (Deloitte), he brings a valuable experience of multiple sectors globally.
Date : Tuesday , 22 December 2020
Time : 06:00 Pm – 08:00 Pm AEST (Australia GMT +11) , 11:00 Am – 01:00 Pm GST (Dubai GMT +4)
Member Fee : FREE (Promo Code : SOXCPD)
Mode: Online via Zoom
Total CPD Hours 2