Power BI Visualization Master class
The objectives of this course are to improve participants’ visualisation and basic DAX programming skills in Power Bi, so that they become more effective at self-serving their analytical needs using the tool. This will be achieved by developing their understanding of common visualisation techniques and exposing them to commonly used DAX functions within Power Bi. The course will be fully hands-on with an example dataset provided in Excel format. Participants are expected to have the Power Bi Desktop application installed on their laptops.
Key Takeaways for Participants:
- Brief introduction to data analytics and visualisation as a subject.
- Introduction to Power BI tool including some of its features, including:
- DAX language
- Difference between Measures and Calculated columns
- Conditional formulas in Power Bi
- Important types of visuals – when to use?
- Waterfall chart
- Column and Bar charts
- Pie and Donut charts
- Scatter plots
- ine charts
- KPI charts
- Geospatial plotting
- Load and transform data using an example dataset.
- Augment the data model by building relationships
- Apply feature engineering to create new variables from existing variables in a table using different DAX functions
- Use conditional formulas /functions
- Examples of dax formulas/functions to apply: filter, if, sum, calculate, distinctcount, divide, all, summarize columns etc.
Who should attend (Participants):
This hands-on course is designed for middle and senior industry professionals who want to improve their front-end and self-service skillset in Power Bi, including:
- Finance Managers and Controllers
- Strategy Directors and Managers
- Budget, Corporate, Business and Financial Analysts
- Project Managers and Risk Analysts
- Investment and Management Accountants
- Heads of Business Units and Business Planners
- Financial Advisors and Corporate Analysts
- Business and Financial Analysts
- BI Professionals
In House Training
This program is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Program Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this Program?
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this Program to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public Program.
If you want to run this Program at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this Program for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.