Mastering Financial Negotiations
- Course Duration: 1 day
- Category: Leadership Program
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 20
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- CPE Hours: 8
“Negotiation is a fact of life.”
Every year millions of dollars change hands on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, alliances, management buy outs, share issues, financial restructuring and commercial agreements. The high stakes, extreme time pressure and psychological stress involved in these negotiations can and does cause mistakes to be made, as misunderstandings kill potential deals, deadlocks stifle opportunities and money is left on the table. This programme aims to give participants insights into the methods adopted by outstanding negotiators so that the risks of failure are reduced and the chance of signing win/win agreements are greatly enhanced.
- In-depth understanding of the negotiation process and how to manage each of its different stages
- Detailed knowledge of tested negotiating techniques and how they can be applied in the context of your organisation
- Awareness of their preferred negotiating style along with its strengths and weaknesses
- Strategies for uncovering needs
- Controlling the conversation
- Planning a negotiation
- The Formal Meeting Management Process
- Working to gain agreement
- Handling conflict
- Common negotiation errors
- Breaking deadlocks
- Handling ‘tricks’ and ‘gambits’
- Self-assessment and Development planning
- Case studies
- Gain an insight into how to gain a win/win outcome
- Discover a powerful seven-step method for planning a negotiation
- Define how financial negotiation differs to negotiation in other industries
- Learn how to uncover the other side’s needs
- Explain the role that negotiation has within your organisation’s strategy
- Acquire a ‘toolbox’ of tried and tested skills for breaking deadlocks
- Understand the ‘dirty tricks’ used by unscrupulous negotiators
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of their own negotiating style and identify specific areas of behaviour to be developed/changed so as to improve their performance in future negotiations
- Explain the phases and stages involved in a negotiation
- Prepare and plan for a negotiation in a systematic, flexible and effective way
- Distinguish between “Concession trading” and “Concession making”
- Communicate more effectively by using questioning, listening and observation skills
- Distinguish between tactics which are acceptable and those which are not
- Face with confidence their next negotiation using ideas generated during the workshop
- Investment Bankers, Project Financiers and Syndicators
- Sales Directors/Managers
- Board Directors
- Heads of Business Divisions
- Business Development Executives
- M&A and Strategic Planning Executives
- Lawyers, Corporate Financiers and Consultants
- Financial professional who is involved with commercial negotiations
In House Training
This course is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Course Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public course.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this course for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.