Finance for Non Finance Executive Training
- Course Duration: 3 days
- Category: Financial Executive Program
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 25
- Skill Level: Advanced
- CPE Hours: English
“Demystify finance and make informed decisions with greater confidence”
The economic uncertainties of today’s world make it imperative for non-financial managers to be able to communicate with those in accounting and finance. So, if you’re new to financial decision-making or want a firmer grounding in the discipline, this “finance for non-finance managers” program will dramatically increase your knowledge, deepen your practical understanding, improve your fluency and give you greater confidence in the decisions you make and influence. Provides you with tools and knowledge to understand the financial consequences of business decisions and enables non-financial managers to communicate effectively with those in accounting and finance positions.
Gain practical finance skills. Become financially fluent, mastering key aspects of accounting and corporate finance.Content includes accounting conventions, interpreting financial statements, cost and target costing, pricing, budgeting, discounting, margin management, and variance analysis, ratios, ROI, variance analysis and financial decision-making.
- How to Improve effectiveness in communication between managers and accounting and finance functions
- Learn how to analyse a company’s performance through balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Look at forecasting and budgeting performance, as well as ways to measure product and customer profitability.
- Learn to use net present value and discounted cash flow techniques to conduct project appraisal or valuation. You also explore how to use sensitivity analysis to assess risk and then apply an appropriate discount rate to take the risk into account.
- Examine current issues in performance measurement, as well as applying the shareholder value concept internally to drive business decisions.
- Make effective decisions, backed up with a clear understanding of the implications for your company’s financial performance and value.
- Understanding the relationship between risk and return.
- Improve your analytical perspective and change the way you look at financial data. Focus on three key themes of financial management:
- Interpret company accounts – decipher them and discover what balance sheets and income statements reveal about your company’s performance.
- Analyse shareholder value – give your strategic decision-making a boost, exploring company valuation, risk and return, and performance measures.
- Become proficient in financial language and terminology – communicate knowledgably and with confidence at all levels.
- Gain a strong grasp of best practice corporate financial management, grounded within the context of your everyday decisions.
- Develop the skills to prepare budgets and forecasts for operations and develop models that answer short-run ‘what-if’ questions.
- Discover how to analyse and benchmark your company’s financial performance.
- Use discounted cash-flow principles and net present value (NPV) techniques to perform successful project appraisals.
- Make informed, valuable contributions to board-level discussions with new expertise and a deeper understanding of financial reports.
- Develop the critical finance skills to accurately identify future problems – and successfully exploit new opportunities.
- Introduction to finance
- Financing the business
- Capital investment
- Measuring financial performance
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Interpreting Financial Reports
- Financial Decisions and Value Creation
- Expand your knowledge of financial markets
- Evaluate alternative sources of capital for short- and long-term financing
- Understand how the stock market responds to financial decisions
The Finance for Non-Executives program is designed for executives who require a better understanding of the financial impact of business decisions. They are typically:
- Executives who make or contribute to decisions with significant financial implications
- Managers with profit-and-loss responsibility in marketing, operations, human resources, engineering and other non-financial areas
- Commercial directors
- Business Executives
In House Training
This course is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Course Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course?
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public course.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this course for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.