Effective Audit Committees
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Category: Audit & Corporate Practice
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 20
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- CPE Hours: 16
“Audit success comes from service, not from status”
With companies navigating through volatile economic landscape, Chief Internal Auditor faces difficult choices when addressing the evolving issues and related risk factors of their organizations. Changing stakeholder’s expectations and a view of risk management have prompted an important shift in a role of IA in many organisations. As the head of an IA department one has to lead an independent department providing assurance to the Board of Directors regarding risk management, control and governance processes. Their personal and professional relationships with their key stakeholders are vital to the reputation of the internal audit function and the support it receives within the organisation. This program will provide the Chief Internal Auditor with practical guidance aimed at enhancing their position and profile within their organisation, as well as the reputation and performance of their team.
Key program benefits:
- You will improve your performance, profile and reputation as a Chief Internal Auditor.
- You will understand the challenges that new Chief Internal Auditors should expect, and you will get practical guidance and real-life examples of how to meet them head on.
- You will develop your skills to communicate better in the Boardroom or in key executive committee meetings, both verbally and through improved reports.
- You will learn to build a more receptive culture for internal audit.
- You will learn best practices for enhancing the performance, impact and credibility of your internal audit team
- The role and position of the Chief Internal Auditor
- The Chief Internal Auditor’s role in meeting Professional Standards documentation
- Audit Planning, the Audit Universe and other Critical information?
- The CIIA Financial Services Code
- The Changing shapes of Internal Audit functions
- Attributes of a World Class Internal Audit function
- External Quality Assessments (EQAs)
- Current and emerging issues for internal audit
- Audit Reporting
- How to audit complex areas, such as governance, culture and strategy
- Auditing Change Projects
- Building a more effective and efficient internal audit function
- Top concerns of Audit Committee and how to deal with it?
- Bench marking Internal Audit Department
- Understand how to create the most effective reporting lines and to build efficient channels of communication, both inside and outside the Boardroom
- Develop and build powerful relationships with all key stakeholders, understanding the levers and buttons which help build maximum impact and credibility within an environment of growing regulation and accountability.
- Learn how the Chief Internal Auditor (and their team) can leverage the principles of the CIIA code to work effectively across all organisations.
- Hear about and exchange “war stories” from a variety of Audit Committee and executive environments.
- Develop an approach to reflect the objectives, values and culture of the organisation.
- Understand the skills and resources required to deliver a challenging plan and what does this mean for the shape of the team.
- Learn how to get the most out of a co-source relationship, recognising the value that Audit Committee chairs now believe this can bring to all internal audit functions.
- Develop approaches to plan and audit more complex areas such as governance, culture and strategy.
- Chief Internal Auditors
- Internal Audit Lead
- Internal Audit Managers
- Member of Audit Committee
- Professional who want to enhance their career in IA
In House Training
This course is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Program Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this Program?Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public program.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this course for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.