Certificate in Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Category: Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 20
- Skill Level: Advanced
- CPE Hours: 16
This course will provide delegates with the fundamental building blocks to enable them to read and interpret the financial data relating to their organisation. Starting with how a company is financially structured, how it trades and how it is funded, the workshop will go on to look at the primary financial statements. We will then look at some of the key ratios that will allow delegates to read and interpret the financial information for their organisations.
The workshop will examine in detail some of the financial concepts in use within companies such as opex, capex, accruals, prepayments and depreciation before translating these concepts into budgeting and forecasting techniques. Finally we will look at the concepts of investment appraisal (including DCF, NPV, IRR and the WACC) and the fundamentals of asset valuation and the generation of goodwill. Delegates are encouraged to bring the financial statements and their management accounts for their organisations to the course to enable them to relate the concepts covered back to their own companies.
The course will also benefit experienced managers and directors with a limited formal financial background. Rising stars and manager moving into roles with financial accountability as well as managers with responsibility for the financial performance of a team, department or organisation.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a thorough understanding of the wide range of financial terms and concepts.
- Apply the financial concepts and policies behind the management decision processes.
- Recognize the impact of effective working capital management on company cash flow.
- Acquainted with the best practices in industries for Forecast methods
- Control business operations through effective budget management and be able to assess and control the impact of day-to-day business activities on a company’s profitability.
- Communicate effectively with financial executives and top management and be able to interpret and analyses financial statements.
- Dealing with the fundamentals Introduction to financial analysis
- Fundamentals of Profit and loss account /Balance sheet / Cash flow Statements
- Financial analysis techniques-ratio analysis
- Cash flow analysis and accounting issues
- Monthly reporting Pack for Management review
- Case Studies for MNCs Forecast and Planning exercises
- The time value of money / NPV
- Project analysis / Evaluating capital investment projects
- Costing and break-even analysis
Who should attend:
- Business Analysts
- Finance Managers/ Executives
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Divisional and Department Heads
- IT Heads and Managers
- HR Heads
- Budgeting and Planning Managers
- Other Non- Finance Executives
- Business Managers
In House Training
This program is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Program Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this Program?
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this Program to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public Program.
If you want to run this Program at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this Program for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.