Advanced Corporate Analysis, Valuation & Financial Modelling
- Course Duration: 3 days
- Category: Strategy & Planning
- Certificate: Yes
- Course Capacity: 20
- Skill Level: Advanced
- CPE Hours: 24
“Valuing a business is part art and part science.”
The importance of business valuation is growing. Corporate valuation is used for the purposes of investment, M&A or as part of internal measures of financial control. It is extensively applied when companies issue new shares, divest operations or acquire other companies. On the other hand, financial modelling is key to every business. Financial models can inform budgeting, forecasting, investment analysis, cash flows, loan sizing, valuation – the list is endless. If your financial models aren’t right, your business is going to make bad decisions.
Building a functional financial model is one thing but building a sophisticated financial model can elevated your business and provide you with vital information on financial analysis, loan sizing, debt restructuring and valuation.
This highly practical program will lead you quickly from the basics through to the more advanced valuation methodologies and modelling techniques.
- Understand the different contexts of business valuation, and the considerations which need to be made before undertaking a valuation
- Select the appropriate method of business valuation for any given situation
- Practice how to successfully apply business valuation techniques in a practical context.
- Use ratio analysis to produce a forecast
- Generate expectations of future performance and provide statements and cash flows
- Calculate free cash flows to the firm and free cash flows to equity
- Create a flexible model which can be used to review different scenarios, and where inputs can be quickly changed, and results quickly accessed.
- Understand the difference between equity value and enterprise value
- Learn how to calculate various equity and enterprise value multiples
- Learn how to calculate the cost of equity, cost of debt and the weighted average cost of capital
- Understand the drivers of equity multiples and value a business using equity multiples
- Build a financial model that can calculate different circumstances and outcomes efficiently
- Consider the needs of different audiences and produce financial reports accordingly.
- Understand the different forecasting methods and apply them to your own data
- Introduction to corporate valuation
- Absolute valuation methods DCF, EVA and CFROI.
- Developing an appropriate cost of capital.
- Using comparative valuation measures.
- Dealing with intangibles.
- Extract, analyse and forecast financial statements
- Learn to apply equity valuation techniques
- Grasp advanced Microsoft Excel tools and functions
- The construction of a detailed Pro Forma model
- Building a comprehensive financial model.
- Understanding business models.
- Understanding M&A transactions
- Investment Bankers
- Equity Analysts
- M&A Professionals
- Fund Managers
- Treasurers, Financial Controllers and Finance Directors
- Commercial Bankers
- Private Equity & Venture
- Capital Specialists
- Business Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Corporate Finance managers
- Project Finance Professionals
In House Training
This course is available for Inhouse Training .We can help you if you’re looking for a training partner to meet your in-house training needs, you can rely on the in-company training division of ABN Executives Academy.
In house Training Course Requirements :
- Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course?
- Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements?
If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office.
You could even save up to 40% on the cost of sending participants to a public course.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customized learning solution, we can help you customize this course for your organization.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.